Well, today was D’s first day back at work after the holiday….sad day…. SJ woke up looking around saying “da-da?” “da-da?” We spent the morning at home picking up. I have done some major winter organizing over the holiday break (completely purged my closet, organized all of SJ’s first year baby clothes in tubs, cleaned out my jewelry, cleaned out drawers). Today I finished up by organizing the store-all drawer in the kitchen, knife drawer, kitchen utensil drawer, and the miscellaneous stuff in the laundry room (pet supplies, shoe polish stuff, batteries). So that was good. We headed to CGM (the inner city ministry I work with) so I could work while SJ took her afternoon nap.
Before we went to CGM, I prepped for dinner, so it would be a quick fix when I got home. One of our favorites! Taco Pizza!! Not the healthiest thing in the world, but it is quick, easy and I thought a fun dinner for D’s first day back at work. Of course he was starving when he got home, stuck in juvenile court all day, so he was very happy when he saw Taco Pizza coming out of the oven!
Taco Pizza recipe (from Real Mom Kitchen: http://realmomkitchen.com/5301/taco-pizza/)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 2 (8 oz.) cans Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 1 (16 oz.) can refried beans
- 2-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican blend
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives (optional)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown ground beef and drain. Add taco seasoning to the ground beef according to the package directions.
- Unroll crescent rolls into rectangles. Place in ungreased 11 1/2 inch x 16 1/2 inch jelly roll pan or cookie sheet. Press dough over the bottom and 1/2 inch up sides to form crust. Bake at 375 oven for 11 to 13 minutes or just until golden brown.
- Microwave beans in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute. Carefully spread beans over warm crust creating a thin layer.
- Top with cooked beef mixture, sprinkle with cheese followed by tomatoes, black olives and green onion. Return to oven for 3-6 more minutes until cheese is melted. Serve immediately
I made some homemade guacamole along side salsa and sour cream to top it with! YUMMMMY! Enjoy 🙂